Monday, November 24, 2014

Public display project

I've fallen a bit behind on my blog posts, and hope to write several this week which target the last of the book readings as well as observations about project work.

Speaking of project work, I have pretty much settled on an idea for my public display, and I spent today scouting out the location I want to do it in. I've decided to do it in the middle of the walkway in the Leslie Groves Park.

My public display will involve me and one of my friends playing a game of Axis & Allies on a gaming table on the park trail. We will make an attempt to dress the part of commanders/soldiers fighting in World War Two.

The idea behind this is that while we are sitting in a peaceful and serene environment, with the river behind us and the park all around us, internally we will be confronting the chaos and confusion that is present in warfare.

My plan is to have one camera recording us from a short distance away, which will make note of people's reaction to us, as well as showing the peaceful setting we are in. Another camera will show more of an overhead shot of the board game as it is happening, probably with sound effects to reflect the sounds running through our minds at the time. I figure I will switch between the two camera views a few times to show the contrast between the two as well as noting the responses of those around us.

1 comment:

  1. And it was indeed a cool and successful interventionist project! AND cold! :)

    ReplyDelete